febrero 10, 2010
IAWPS home page
Agreement on Formation of
an International Association of Wood Products Societies
It is well recognized that we will no longer be able to continue to consume such huge quantities of energy and raw materials and generate wastes which are difficult to dispose of, and that we need to move towards systems which are non-damaging to the environment and which emphasize renewableresources.
In order to realize this common objective, we are forming an International Association of Wood Products Societies.
The International Association of wood Products Societies will:
1. Facilitate international understanding, information exchange and cooperation in solving world-wide problems affecting the wood products industry .
2. Focus on developing new and more effective technologies to meet the world’s needs for wood and fiber products.
3 . Promote technologies which balance optimal forest resource use with sustainable ecosystem needs to provide jobs and competitiveness with industries that rely on nonrenewable resources.
4. Include wood and wood products societies and organizations in the world supported by the wood products industry.
5. Distribute pertinent information to IAWPS members.
6. Facilitate international meetings, symposia, and conferences.
7. Maintain an international directory of wood and wood products societies and organizations .
This organization has as a common objective of supporting the continuing development of the science and technology of wood and the optimization of its utilization.
The association will initially be administered by the Japan Wood Research Society.
vía IAWPS home page.